I'm quite fond of #1
Top Ten President Bush Global Warming Solutions:
10. Instead of "Partly sunny," have weatherman say "Partly cloudy"
9. Stop using Air Force One for Texas barbecue runs
8. Replace dangerous CO2 in the atmosphere with more eco-friendly CO1
7. Encourage people to walk more by distributing free Dr. Scholl massaging gel inserts. Are you gellin'?
6. Watch Al Gore movie one of these nights instead of "Dukes of Hazzard"
5. Bob Barker's free. Get him workin' on it
4. Send more troops to Iraq
3. I dunno, tax cuts for the rich?
2. Reduce hot air emissions by canceling "The View"
---The Late Show with David Letterman
Broken promises. After thugs blew up the twin towers at the Samarra mosque in Iraq this week, President Bush immediately pledged to rebuild it. Don’t hold your breath---he promised the same thing when they blew it up the first time:
In the immediate aftermath of [the February, 2006] bombing, U.S. officials and others had promised to help rebuild the landmark dome, completed in 1905, but no rebuilding has begun.
What's the old saying? "Fool me once, shame on...shame on me. Fool me... Can't get fooled again." Wise man.
Major League Ass (HT to Media Matters for a great piece on this segment.) On Tucker Carlson's show Friday, he commented that he has "never met anybody less sincere than the religious left." He added, "You think that Falwell was cloying and phony, you haven't met the religious left." This comment came in response to former Rep. Tom Andrews' (D-ME) comment that a lot of religious people including evangelicals, are calling for caring for God's creation, a just foreign policy, and for government to take a firm, moral stand against poverty.
It would be great for Tucker to let the world know who exactly he is talking about on the "religious left."