I've noticed that since the election the comments on this site have become decidedly less civil. I would suggest a few things:
1. Please push yourself back from the keyboard, take a break, pet the doggie, kiss your spouse, or do whatever it takes to calm down a little.
2. People who are clearly trolling for a reaction really want you to react irrationally. Try not to do that, but go back to #1 before responding.
3. People who are consistently un-civil or crude WILL be banned from commenting here.
4. Sore losers and sore winners are both irritating.
5. In an attempt to calm this down, all comments that do not have a known identity will be put into moderation and we will decide whether to allow the posts or not. This means that if you do not log in to Disqus with an identity with a known email address, your comment will automatically be moderated. I hate doing that, but the general tone here is no longer respectful. If you want to post immediately be sure you have registered in Disqus, Facebook, or one of the other services supported. Anonymous posts and posts with fictitious email addresses will all be moderated.