- O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us
- (O would some power the gift to give us to see ourselves as others see us)
- Robert Burns, Poem "To a Louse" - verse 8
- We in Wisconsin have always been modestly pleased with our state and, while remaining humble, have been proud of the accomplishments of our state and the people who live here and came from here. The accomplishments of our universities, our industries, our sports teams and our people have all made Wisconsin a very special place. The community owned Green Bay Packers are the most obvious example of the sense of community that has been the result of our progressive traditions. The University of Wisconsin, which was again ranked among the top twenty research universities in the world has been a source of intellectual capital for the development of our state.
- Enter Scott Walker. He has turned the 100 year progressive traditions of the state around in one year with fifty million dollars and a few dozen of ALEC prepared bills.
- This begs the question; How do people view Wisconsin now? Or, "Why is Wisconsin so (fill in the attribute here)?"