The most recent Marquette Law School Poll shows that presumptive Democratic nominee Mary Burke is now trailing Governor Scott Walker by a seven point margin, 48% to 41%. In Janaury, Burke trailed Walker by six points, 47% to 41%, up from a two point gap in October.
The news wasn't all good for Walker, however. Walker's job approval numbers have tanked since January, when he was up 51% to 42%. Now it's an even 47% to 47%.
Other interesting results from the poll:
■ Dems: The percentage of people who identify themselves as Democrats has dropped: Dems had a five point advantage in October, but have only a two point advantage now.
■ Base Support: Walker has the support of 91% of Republicans, while Burke has support of 76% of Democrats. Where are the remaining 24% of Dems? Twelve percent are voting for Walker, Ten percent are undecided and two percent say they aren't voting.